|Introduction to STM||Instrumentation||Results / Projects|
(Ultra High Vacuum Low Temperature STM)
- Ultra high vacuum
- Low temperature down to 6 K
- Magnetic field, 6 T
- Contamination rate < 1 adsobate per 500x500nm per week
- Fe evaporator
Recently, we studied the III-V semiconductor InAs with and without single Fe adsorbates in magnetic fields from 0 till 6 T. Some results:
- Tip induced quantum dot
- Scattering states of ionized dopants
- Magnetic field induced localization
- Adsorbate induced 2 dimensional electron gas (2DEG) in comparison with UPS measurements
A new Ultra High Vacuum 300 mK STM is being built in lab 006.
Return to the instrumentation main page.
impressum © copyright 2002 by group R - university of hamburg